Horsepowered Riding Camps & Lessons
~ Please Check Back for our 2019 SUMMER CAMP DATES ~
- LITTLE RIDER CAMPS - This wonderful 1/2 day camp is designed with our youngest riders in mind, for kids 5 to 7 years old.
- KID / YOUTH CAMPS - We offer beginner & novice camps for kids 8 years old & up.
- INTERMEDIATE ARENA CAMP - Designed for kids that are comfortble trotting & loping. We will work on the finer points of riding to help create wonderful riders with quite hands and a good seat.
- ADVENTURE CAMPS - With these intermediate adventure camps the kids will spend Monday & Tuesday getting comfortable with their horses & learning some important backcountry skills . Then we load up for 3 days of riding & 2 nights of camping. Riders will enjoy spectacular mountain views & hearty home cooked meals.
We offer Afterschool or Weeknight Group or Private Lessons for both Adult & Children
- Group Lesson - $45.00/hr.
- Package of 8 Group Lessons - $320.00 ($40.00/hr. each)
- Private - $65.00/hr.
TRAIL RIDE ADVENTURES
Trail Rides at our Location
- 1 hour Ride $40.00
- 2 hour Ride $69.00
Trail Rides in Kananaskis Country
- 2 hour Ride - $89.00
- 1/2 Day Ride (4 hrs.) - $160.00
- Day Ride - $225.00
Horsepowered riding lessons & camps are based on teaching the fundamental horsemanship skills needed to safely & confidently start your life with horses.
Our family run camps are unique in the fact that we only accept a maximum of 6 riders per camp. The small group size allows us to excel in individual, personalized attention which makes our camps a fun, safe experience. We love to ride so our camps reflect that with lots & lots of time in the saddle. Our camps focus is on creating a confident well rounded rider & knowledge is a huge part of that. Campers will learn about all aspects of the horse, with topics about the different types of breeds, colors, riding disciplines and the proper maintenance & care of the horse. They will do this by partaking in hands on activities.
At our camp the riding activities are endless. Part of our riding will be spent in the outdoor arena with fun drills, games and exercises which will include the chance to ride bareback, which helps improve confidence & balance. Another aspect of becoming a well-rounded rider is about getting out of your comfort zone so we will also do plenty of pleasure trail riding. This gives the kids a chance to experience all different situations and riding scenarios. Thursday is full of endless possibilities as the riders pack up their lunches and we all head out on a fun relaxing trail ride. This will give the kids a chance to push their boundaries with creek crossings, hills, & different types of terrain. We will enjoy lunch out on the trail, nothing could get better then this! We encourage parents to come out Friday afternoon, as the riders will show off all of the new skills & knowledge they learned this week. The finale to the week is a family wagon ride for everyone to enjoy.
Camps will run from 9am to 4pm daily. Riders can arrive up to ½ hour early & stay up to ½ late. Arrangements for drop off & pickup times outside of those hours can be arranged at an additional cost. Lesson horses & tack are supplied unless you have a horse that appropriately meets the skill level of its rider & our criteria. An onsite boarding fee would apply unless the horse is hauled in daily.
We ask that all electronics be left at home so that riders can truly experience everything camp has to offer. Our hope is to not only improve the rider’s skill & confidence levels but to also create wonderful lasting memories.
Payment - $100.00 non-refundable deposit is due at the time of booking & the remaining balance owing is due 1 month prior to the start of camp.
Riding Boots with a Heel
Riding Helmet (if you do not have your own we do supply them.)
Riding Cloths – Long Jeans/Pants & Long Sleeve Shirt
Outer Wear – We ride outdoors so dress appropriately - Rain Coats, Rubber Boots, Gloves & Sunglasses
Lunches, Snacks & Drinks
Sunscreen / Insect Repellant